Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CF First impressions

So I was admittedly nervous going into cf last week. I've heard bad things about the school in the news and then nothing much else outside of that. No one talks about cf unless to point out its small size or its economic problems. So going in I was pretty blind to the good that was going on. I was blown away by the clean and well put together school that made my moldy high school look like it was in shambles. I was so encouraged by jl's excited helpful attitude. It's obvious just hearing him talk that he is the right man for the job.

One thing I would say is that I'm personally against school uniforms so I wasn't thrilled to hear that they were being put into place. That being said I don't really know the situation there and it would be beyond me to question why they are being put into place.

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in knowing more about why you're against school uniforms. I've always gone back and forth on how I feel about them. On one hand, if every student is wearing the same thing, we may see less students feeling inferior to others due to their lack of funds to purchase expensive clothing. Also, school will become less about the latest fashion and more about the learning taking place. With that said, I do feel there is a need for students to have an identity and express themselves. What they wear is one way of doing this. Nonetheless, It's definitely an interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I don't know I've always just been turned off by them. I understand some of the pro's like making it harder for a non faculty non student individual to sneak in and cause damage, or in some cases I've heard them used to stop gang activity in schools by making it so they couldn't show off their signs and what not. My personal opinion is that it's not a schools place to tell a student what to wear as long as its appropriate. I get not letting them wear scantly clad clothing and what not as that is not appropriate for the school environment but it just seems like the schools is overstepping their bounds by telling a student they have to wear this particular shirt and pants ect. I think that takes away from the fact that while they may be children they're definitely people. What gives a principal or anyone else the right to tell them what to wear? I feel that's a step in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete